This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
The website under www.scoutmessengers.org and the services on these pages are being offered to you by:
The World Organization of the Scout Movement
Rue du Pré-Jérôme 5, PO Box 91
CH-1211 Geneva 4 Plainpalais, Switzerland
Tel.: (+41) 22 705 10 10
Fax.: (+41) 22 705 10 20
General Secretary and Chief Executive Officer: Scott Teare
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Scoutmessengers. By using or accessing Scoutmessengers, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time.
- Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Scoutmessengers to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you upload on Scoutmessengers.org.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Scoutmessengers (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you upload content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Scoutmessengers, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Scoutmessengers, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Scoutmessengers safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Scoutmessengers safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Scoutmessengers.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Scoutmessengers, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Scoutmessengers.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements).
- You will not use Scoutmessengers to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Scoutmessengers, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Scoutmessengers functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- You are sole responsible of the content of your profile.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Scoutmessengers that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Scoutmessengers if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Scoutmessengers.
- We reserve the right to change this Statement..
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
- Your continued use of Scoutmessengers following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
- If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Scoutmessengers to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Scoutmessengers, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Messengers of Peace.
- The World Organization of the Scout Movement reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The World Scout Bureau shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- The World Organization of the Scout Movement reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by the World Organization of the Scout Movement of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
- Unless otherwise noted, information on this site may be freely reproduced by national Scout organisations which are members of the World Organization of the Scout Movement, with credit given to this source. Others may request permission to use the material.
- This relationship is governed by Swiss law. In case of dispute, Swiss courts are competent